A few weeks ago I spent some time trying to figure out how many hands had worked on the jacket at the MET. I could clearly see that there were several – but how to prove to others that there were different people. I realized that we have the types of evidence we need on the jacket to answer this question or at least start to provide a framework for others to use. I when I returned, I started taking pictures of all the same flowers on the Left Front of our jacket. Here are the borages from this piece. I am not going to tell you today how many people worked these borages. I will let you look at the pictures and come up with your own conclusions. But we have signatures on the master pattern for each piece.
Sometimes as we progress on the project and these ‘questions’ come up – I am sooo glad that we decided early on that more data was better than less. The kind of analysis that all this data allows is really exciting.